The Mariner Box
- Designed specifically by Wet Aquatics and found only here, The Mariner Box allows you to keep any bullying fish in a contained area for a short period of time and it will help you to get clown fish to host anemones faster.
- The Mariner Box uses specially designed, heavy duty, and durable suction cups that stick firmly and tightly to your glass or acrylic aquarium by simply adjusting a screw that is connected to the suction cup.
- The Mariner Box is crafted out of acrylic and it doesn't get dirty easy. However if it does get dirty or filled with algae, they can be easily removed and cleaned with paper towel or a sponge. Regular aquarium maintenance and water changes will keep it spotless!
- The Mariner Box has numerous holes all over the box including the sides, lid, and bottom to allow for more water flow to pass through and provide your livestock with optimum water flow.
- The Mariner Box will help you to get your clowns to host you anemones in a fast period of time. Fish feel most comfortable with some sort of structure near by. While there in The Mariner Box, they will have no cover to protect them selves with or to feel comfortable. However, if you add in your anemone, your clown will almost instantly begin to host it as the anemone will act as something to keep the clown comfortable. This can also work on other fish and other items you would like them to host.
- The Mariner Box is also a perfect solution to keeping fish that bully others in a secure location. Once you place your pesky fish in this, you can then decide what to do with it or even let it stay in there and release it after a few days if you feel it will no longer pick on your other live stock in your aquarium. This item also eliminates the need to setup a temporary tank or quarantine tank to house one fish as you can just place the fish in The Mariner Box as mentioned before.
- This also has a secure lid at the top that will allow for easy access. This lid is also secure as in order to open it, you must push it forward and then upward.
Instructions to put it together!
The construction of the mariner box should take no more then 5-6 minutes at most! Please refer to picture above to help put it together if needed!
- Take the front wall piece and insert the tab horizontal from the edge with no tab into the bottom wall piece with the slit.
- Now take 1 of the left/ right wall pieces and insert the tab from the bottom piece wall in to the slit of the left/ right wall piece horizontal from the cover joint opening. Once that is done you can proceed to insert the tab from the front wall piece in to the corresponding slit of the left/right wall pieces.
- Now that you have the front wall and one of the side walls in place, you can now add the back wall. Inset the tab across from the hole in to the last remaining slit of the bottom wall. Once that is done, you can then insert one of the side tabs on the back wall piece in to the left/ right wall piece that are already in place.
- You are now ready to structurally complete the mariner box and place the 2nd left/ right wall pieces in to place. Insert the last remaining tab of the bottom wall piece and insert it in to the slit of the last remaining left / right wall piece horizontal from the cover joint opening. You can then insert and interlock the last remaining tabs of the front and back walls in to the 2 remaining slits of the left/ right wall.
- Before placing the lid on the mariner box, you will need to secure the suction cup to the mariner box. To do this, simply unscrew the suction cup and insert the rod in to the hole of the back wall. Once it is inserted, you can then screw the cap back on to the rod and firmly secure it in place.
- Lastly you can place the top cover on the top of the mariner box. To do this, simply insert the 2 small tabs on the longest edge of the cover piece in to the cover joint openings at the top of the left/ right wall pieces.
Congratualtions, you have now built the Mariner box!!